Unique in the geophysical industry, Geotech’s exclusive ZTEM™ (Z-Axis Tipper Electromagnetic) system leverages the earth’s natural (or passive) fields from global thunderstorm activity as a source of transmitted energy. ZTEM™ is ideal for mapping deeply buried, porphyry hosted and structurally controlled targets. We have 10 easily transportable ZTEM™ systems available for shipping to your site.
Our clients choose ZTEM™ because it provides:
- Wide frequency range, with low frequencies allowing penetration through deep or conductive cover
- Superior exploration depth exceeding 2,000 meters
- Excellent resistivity discrimination and detection of weak contrasts (<2x)
Helicopter ZTEM™ offers:
- Frequency measurement from 30 Hz to 720 Hz
- Survey speed of 55 knots
Fixed-wing ZTEM™ offers:
- Frequency measurement from 45 Hz to 360 Hz
- Survey speed of 100 knots
- Redesigned z-axis retractable sensor (3×4 meter rectangle)
- Lower cost regional mapping
How it works
Thunderstorm activity around the world generates audio frequency magnetic fields. These natural fields are planar and horizontal. ZTEM™ measures vertical field responses caused by lateral conductivity contrasts in the earth.
ZTEM™’s receiver design, advanced digital electronics and signal processing result in lower noise levels, exceptional resolution and unparalleled depth penetration from the air.
For the product sheet for ZTEM™ click here.